Topic: STAR WARS - Episode VIII Teaser [Lego Recreation]

Directory Link

STAR WARS - Episode VIII Teaser [Lego Recreation]

STAR WARS - Episode VIII Teaser [Lego Recreation]

A Lego recreation of the epic shots shown in the Star Wars Episode VIII production announcement teaser.

This video required a lot of compositing which I hadn't done much of until now. I hope everyone likes it and I would love to have some feedback!

Re: STAR WARS - Episode VIII Teaser [Lego Recreation]

Again, like I said on Youtube, this is just plain awesome. Only thing is that the shot of Rey, was kind of weird. Mostly because her movement was kinda jerky and wobbly. I don't know if this was a problem with trying to get the timing right and as close as possible to the original trailer, but I'd guess that is what it was. Your other animation on your channel is spectacular. So good job! I hope to see more from you in the future. You are clearly pretty great at animating.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Aww, you left out all the cool stuff with Rian Johnson. :C

Video is fine enough, though it doesn't really require much actual animation, so there's not much else to say about it.

Only thing is that the shot of Rey, was kind of weird. Mostly because her movement was kinda jerky and wobbly. I don't know if this was a problem with trying to get the timing right and as close as possible to the original trailer, but I'd guess that is what it was.

I couldn't agree more with what your saying about Rey. The problem I found (which I didn't realize until I began animating) was that the minigure of Rey was actually quite stiff, which made it difficult to animate her. I had originally exported that shot at 15FPS (my usual frame rate) but that didn't look so great so I changed it to 24FPS which made it look better but not completely perfect, there wasn't really much more that I could have done to fix it unfortunately.
Thank you for your kind comments on both of my videos! mini/smile

it doesn't really require much actual animation

I tried to animate the island shot at the beginning so many times but I could never actually get it to look right, I also tried to animate Luke a little but in the original video his movement is soooooo subtle I couldn't replicate it in stop motion due to how small minifigures actually are. Thanks for the feedback!